Going overseas to work?

Planning to work overseas?

If you are planning on living and working overseas, there are some things you should fix up with the ATO before you go. Your tax adviser will be able to tell you about what you will need to do before leaving Australia. For example, where you have a HELP debt, make sure you update your contact details with the ATO.

You should also note that once you earn a certain amount of income overseas, you will need to make payments towards your HELP debt.

More information about this can be found on the ATO website.

Also, if you work overseas, for 91 days or more, you may or may not need to pay tax on the income you earn overseas. For example you might get a credit for tax you pay overseas. More information about what you need to do can be found on the ATO website.

For more information or advice, contact us below or call us on 1800 556 122

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Your Phone Number (required)


Your Message